1) Your place is not guaranteed at the conference until payment in full is received by the Organisers. Payment must be received by the Organisers by the due date in order to qualify for Early Bird or Regular discounts. If payment is not received by the due date then the higher rate will apply.
2) Delegates may cancel their attendance at the conference by advising the Organisers by email to email@example.com.
Refunds of fees paid may be given, subject to the following conditions:
- Cancellation on or before Monday 30th April 2018: refund of the registration fee less a £10 administration charge.
No refunds will apply to cancellations made after Tuesday 1st May 2018.
Substitute delegates may be advised by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time before Monday 30th April 2018 at no extra charge.
3) The Organisers accept no liability for loss or damage as result of cancellation or postponement of the event. The Organisers assume no liability whatsoever in the event the conference is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of the conference impracticable, illegal or impossible. For the purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to, war, fire, labour strike, extreme weather or other emergency. All unpaid invoices remain due if the event is cancelled for any reason.
4) Delegate fees for the conference are subject to UK VAT at the prevailing rate. Registrations may be paid by credit card.
Organisers reserve the right to invoice for any costs incurred to process bank transfer payments or from international payments.
5) Please check with your embassy if you require a Visa to travel. Letters of invitation for the purpose of applying for a Visa will only be issued to delegates who have registered and paid in full. We require a minimum of 14 days’ notice and it will be sent by email. If you require the letter to be sent by courier then a fee will apply. Please note that the details on the visa letter will be the same as those that you provide in your registration. We are unable to issue visas for accompanying persons.
6) Social events are subject to minimum numbers participating and the Organisers reserve the right to amend or cancel social elements of the programme without prior notice. Refunds will be given if the Organisers cancel the social event. If a delegate cancels their attendance at an event, refunds may be given, subject to Organisers discretion. . Note that separate cancellation policies may apply to tourism opportunities which are not in the direct control of the Organisers.
7) Accommodation is booked between the delegate and accommodation provider. While we have taken steps to recommend good quality accommodation, we take no responsibility or accept no liability for any failure in accommodation standards. The delegate is responsible for settling all accommodation bills directly with the accommodation provider.
8) The Organisers reserve the right to amend the programme or withdraw speakers or other elements of the programme without prior notice, and will accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by amendments to the programme.
Data Protection and Privacy
I agree that Scottish Manufacturing Advisory Service may use my personal data for any purpose solely connected with my attendance at this event.
By registering for the SMAS Annual Conference 2018, I understand that by choosing to allow my badge to be scanned by an exhibitor or sponsor at the event, I will be providing that exhibitor or sponsor with my personal data. I consent to this personal data being used to contact me about their products or services and understand that this partner or sponsor may transfer this data outside of the European Economic Area for these purposes and I consent to such transfer of my data.
Speakeasy collects personal data through registration forms, use of our websites or responses to marketing emails.
Speakeasy will only use the information that it collects about you in accordance with its data protection notification pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998.
Speakeasy only uses personal data supplied by you as reasonably required for the purposes of administering its events. In certain circumstances we may have to supply your details to our suppliers in connection with an event you are attending. In such circumstances the information made available will be the minimum necessary and will be supplied strictly on condition it is only used for that purpose. Speakeasy also uses personal data to evaluate what its customers and potential customers are most interested in.
We may also contact you to inform you of future events which we believe you may be interested in.
We value our relationship with you and by requesting information on, or registering for or buying tickets to attend events organised by Speakeasy, you agree that we may use the contact details provided as set out above.
Disclosure of your information
We may give information about you to the following (who may use it for the same purposes as set out above):
- To our clients on whose behalf we are organising the event(s)
- Agents and third parties who fulfil any other services on our behalf
- To other delegates (only where you are attending in a professional capacity eg business related-events where it is expected that attendees will have access to a list of other attendees and their organisations)
- To anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties with you (for example a sale of the business or the sale or transfer of a particular event)
- If we have a duty to do so or the law allows us to do so.
All personal data will be stored subject to appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data. Speakeasy will take reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of any employees who have access to personal data. Where we pass Personal Data to data processors who process that data on our behalf we will ensure that such data processors put in place an equivalent level of security measures.
Access to personal data
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to copies of the Personal Data we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.